Advanced Inventory in Acumatica Cloud ERP
For any distribution business, inventory is the blood that flows through the supply chain. Managing it, however, requires the right amount at the right time. Unfortunately, this presents a variety of challenges. Too much inventory can cripple your cash flow and leave you with rapidly increasing storage costs. Having too little leaves your business exposed to supply chain disruption—a harsh lesson learned in 2020.
To succeed in the complex and constantly moving world of distribution, you need inventory management that ensures things are just right. Inventory management, a key application in Acumatica Distribution Management, gives real-time access to inventory—no matter where it is.
As a leading provider of this solution and a company with vast experience in the distribution space, The Donas Group has the skills to customize, integrate, and deliver this solution for companies like you. Watch our Acumatica distribution demo.
What Makes Acumatica Inventory Management Better?
Built to connect with the rest of your financial management and distribution products, inventory management helps you control system-wide inventory to efficiently manage your distribution process—no matter how many warehouses or valuation methods.
Digitally resilient distributors turn to Acumatica for an adaptable and future-proof inventory management solution that empowers them to:
- Have the Right Inventory in the Right Place at the Right Time: From accurate counts to easy replenishment to automation, you gain a clearer picture into everything. Increase inventory turns and improve accuracy with this connected product.
- Deliver for Your Customers: Honor contracts and fulfill orders as promised with real-time access to inventory levels and customer-specific pricing. Better inventory management helps you to avoid stock-out and overstock situations.
- Keep Costs under Control: By connecting inventory with sales, purchasing, and finance, you can accurately track costs of goods sold and inventory carrying costs. Identify cost saving opportunities and save money by reducing rush orders, finding the best vendor, minimizing freight costs, and more.
- Track and Manage Complexity: Take manual processes and data entry out of the equation. Matrix items allow you to create product families based on item and attribute variations. Use this solution to easily define items with a variety of features.
Key Features of Acumatica Inventory Management for Distribution
As one of the most flexible ERP platforms on the market, Inventory Management in Acumatica is just one part of the Distribution Management suite. Built for distributors by experts in the product-focused ERP world, inventory management helps you to ensure that data, inventory, and money flow with ease. Here are just some of the ways Acumatica makes that happen:
Define minimum and maximum order quantities, reorder points, seasonality, lead times, safety stock, and forecast models to calculate replenishment.
Manage multiple warehouses with location-specific inventory quantities, allocations, availability, and costs. Define storage with stocking locations set up by aisle, row, rack, slot, and bin.
Sub items and Matrix Items
Manage a complex product offering for similar items. Use matrix items to track inventory based on size, color, and other attributes and values.
Pricing, Discounts, and Promotions
Provide accuracy for your customers and handle complexity. Manage complex pricing and discount policies including volume discounts and multiple discounts per item. Maintain policies for price overrides, customer pricing, and commissions.
Use shelf life and expiration dates to manage perishable inventory with first-expired-first-out (FEFO) picking. Capture and create lot and serial numbers for traceable inventory.
Customer and Vendor Items
Define unlimited vendors by item with a preferred default vendor. Set a minimum frequency for deliveries and minimum or maximum order quantities by item for each vendor. Define cross-references between internal, vendor, and customer items.
“Acumatica’s sales, purchasing, inventory, and financial management software helped our swimming pool supplies distribution business reach profitability in year one.“
– John Gwaltney, Owner, Pool Source
Get to Know Acumatica Distribution and The Donas Group
Built to integrate with a variety of applications—whether they are made by Acumatica or a third-party vendor—Acumatica’s distribution management functionality delivers a strong backbone for your business. From the above-mentioned inventory management to additional features including sales order management, purchasing, warehouse management, requisition management, and more, Acumatica’s Distribution product ensures resilience for distributors.
As a leading provider of this usable and functional application, The Donas Group can help you make the most of your journey to the cloud. Get to know more about our work and contact us for a free consultation.