Today’s small to mid-sized businesses, or SMBs, are creating more data than ever. This growth calls for robust solutions to back up business-critical data.
A successful backup is the foundation for disaster recovery and business continuity. Without it, recovery and continuity cannot exist. Technologies that were created decades ago to store data are simply not enough. Antiquated methods, like tape backup, aren’t going to ensure data retention and recovery during business critical time windows.
When choosing a backup solution, SMBs should look for the following:
- Comprehensiveness: Seamless integration, on-premises and cloud-based services for total protection
- Ease of Use: Solutions should offer intelligent user interfaces
- Recoverability: Ability to get a backup up and running in a matter of seconds. This allows your company to become operational quickly.
- Performance and Reliability: The solution you choose should perform backups as often as you require.
- Affordability: Find the most cost effective and affordable solution that doesn’t require sacrificing significant features and capabilities.
Features on your checklist should include:
- Proof of Backup: The solution should provide proof that the backup worked properly every time.
- Image-Based Backup: You no longer have to pick and choose which files are the most current to restore.
- Virtualization: Keep the business functioning when physical devices fail, minimizing downtime.
- Secure Storage: Located in multiple, geographically separated data centers
The Donas Group is a Datto Professional Global Partner. Datto is the world’s leading provider of MSP delivered IT solutions.
Ready to Get Started?
For more than 20 years The Donas Group, Inc. has been honing our service offerings to align our customer’s needs. As students of the ever changing business process and subsequently management solution landscape we succeed by simplifying the solution to meet our customer’s needs today with a plan for tomorrow’s growth.