Acumatica Field Service Edition helps companies improve the quality of their field service operations. As part of the Acumatica cloud ERP portfolio, it also enables a business to have greater awareness of field service operations and their impact on finances in real time. Acumatica has collected a number of compelling success stories for Field Service Edition. Here are three case studies that demonstrate the value of the software for businesses that operate in the field.
Security Firm Gains Real-Time Data and Connected Business With Acumatica
Seattle-based Security Solutions NW, which started out as a locksmith shop 100 years ago, now provides digital security, surveillance and fire alarm systems for residential and commercial customers. When the company’s legacy financial application had to be replaced, Security Solutions NW went with Acumatica, including its Field Service Edition.
This moved produced welcome changes. Acumatica gave remote ERP access to technicians on job sites. These employees in the field no longer had to keep track of time by hand and turn in paperwork that an admin would then have to key into the software. Techs can also look up inventory and pricing from the field. With over 7,000 SKUs and 1,500 contracts to stay on top of, this is a major improvement in the way the business works. The company has also reduced time to invoice with real time and automatic timecard entry. Inventory management processes have sped up as well.
Summary of Key Results:
- Improved inventory management, eliminating $10,000 to $15,000 inventory write-offs
- Improved visibility into financial data with real-time access
- Provided remote access to the ERP for technicians out in the field
- Reduced time to invoice with real-time and automatic timecard entry
- Improved recurring revenue and contract management
- Connected business systems, streamlining operations and saving time
Safety Management Group Deploys Acumatica to Support Rapid Growth
Safety Management Group of Indiana (SMG) provides safety consulting services to the construction, automotive, utility and healthcare industries. They replaced seven legacy applications with Acumatica. The change has transformed and mobilized the entire organization, including its 200-person field service organization. The field service team now has better access to project data while in the field. They can now provide accurate time and expense data to senior leadership in near real time.
Acumatica has enabled SMG to streamline its field service workflows with the Acumatica field service mobile app. Remote field service teams working from 37 states now have access to a single source of truth. Their managers got greater visibility into what was happening in the field, along with the tools they needed to manage their projects. They can now easily see invoices needing approval, employee billable hours and information about an account’s billing status. Management estimates the improvement in visibility is 10-fold.
Summary of Key Results:
- Obtained one week every month for CFO to spend on strategic business initiatives
- Shaved 10 hours per week of payroll supervisors time to take on new tasks and resume part-time schedule
- Acquired detailed reporting and dashboards with project-level drill down, keeping management team in sync
- Streamlined field service team member workflows with robust mobile app functionality
- Consolidated time and expense reporting into a single source of data, eliminating manual reconciliations
- Increased efficiency with seamless software integration & quick personalization
- Shifted to work from home instantly when the Global Pandemic hit
- Saved more than $50,000 avoiding per-user licensing fees in the first year alone
Acumatica Helps M3 Technology Group Unify Operations and Grow
M3 Technology Group is in the business of designing, building and installing turnkey audiovisual systems. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, the company works with corporate clients along with public sector organizations and the military. They replaced their legacy accounting system with Acumatica and added Field Service Edition. A large part of their business is conducted in the field, after all by a field team of more than 25 people.
Acumatica contributed to a more efficient mobile workforce and field service team for M3. The software allows M3 to streamline dispatching. Mobile workers are able connect to Acumatica with the mobile app, saving time on the entry of expense data. The software has reduced response times and minimized costs. Field Service Edition is integrated with M3’s core Acumatica ERP modules, including sales, inventory, purchasing, accounting and financial reporting. With these capabilities, the company has grown 60% in two years while maintaining the same headcount.
Summary of Key Results:
- Maintained substantial revenue growth without adding finance headcount
- Dramatically shortened time needed to create quotes
- Gained a more efficient mobile workforce & field service team
- Eliminated on-premise technology frustration
- Achieved real-time insight to business & technical operations
We have worked with many businesses on the implementation of Acumatica Field Service Edition. To learn more about how this software can help improve your field operations, contact us for a free consultation and demo.
Additional Field Service Resources
Advantages of Mobile Capabilities for Field Service
What is Field Service Management Software and Why You Need It