Whether you were ready for it or not, the new digital landscape has arrived. The pandemic and lockdowns over the past five months have changed the way that leaders are looking at business. From fulfilling orders digitally and physically to remote working by employees, businesses have found they need cloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) software to run their businesses effectively.
However, with so many options available, understanding which one is best for your organization is often a challenging process chock full of consultations, demos, and discussions as you rapidly work to pivot back to normal and put yourself in a position for future growth. Understandably, you aren’t alone—a wide variety of organizations are looking to digitize their processes, automate workflows, and leverage technology that saves them time and money.
IDC MarketScape: Who’s Delivering Now and in the Future?
That said, the right advice matters, and a recent report from leading analyst firm IDC explored how the technological space is evolving. The IDC MarketScape: Worldwide SaaS and Cloud-Enabled Medium-Sized/Midmarket Business ERP Applications 2020 Vendor Assessment is an annual look at the top ERP vendors, comparing organizations on their capabilities and strategy to find out who’s who in the software space.
The IDC MarketScape takes a unique approach to analysis, comparing vendors on where they stand today and how likely they are to continue delivering, providing insights based on discussions, surveys, and interviews with market leaders, participants, and end users. Using this input, they position vendors on a matrix using the following criteria:
- Capabilities: Positioning on the y-axis reflects the vendor’s current capabilities and menu of services and how well aligned the vendor is to customer needs. The capabilities category focuses on the capabilities of the company and product today, here and now. Under this category, IDC analysts will look at how well a vendor is building/delivering capabilities that enable it to execute its chosen strategy in the market.
- Strategies: Positioning on the x-axis, or strategies axis, indicates how well the vendor’s future strategy aligns with what customers will require in three to five years. The strategies category focuses on high-level decisions and underlying assumptions about offerings, customer segments, and business and go-to market plans for the next three to five years.
Along with advice for potential buyers looking to understand the market as a whole, this report provides in-depth analysis of each vendor to discuss their thoughts on the product.
Acumatica Named Leader on IDC MarketScape
Following a big year—both in the form of innovation and growth, IDC bumped up Acumatica even further into the leader category:
“After a thorough evaluation of Acumatica’s strategies and capabilities, IDC has positioned the company in the Leaders category in this 2020 IDC MarketScape for the worldwide SaaS and cloud-enabled medium-sized/midmarket business ERP applications market.”
Noting Acumatica’s innovation, industry focus, and sophistication, analysts praised the company for continuing to innovate in the ERP space. From continued investment in machine learning, natural language processing, and mobile technology to its surprising ease of use for an ERP solution, the worst thing that IDC analysts had to say about the vendor was its lack of brand awareness.
Get the Entire Report
If you’re looking for quality advice from a trusted analyst, look no further than the IDC report. This guide, provided free courtesy of Acumatica, will discuss:
- Four key trends to consider as you evaluate ERP vendors.
- Seven core requirements for any midmarket ERP solution.
- How Acumatica’s innovation is helping customers enhance their workflows.
- IDC’s three clear recommendations for the ERP selection process.
Donas Group: Your Partner for a Low-Stress ERP Project
If you’re looking to fuel your recovery, one of the best places to start is with a solution that not only saves your users time—but helps everyone stay connected. The Donas Group has been in the business of ERP for decades, and can help you get where you need to be. Get to know more about us and contact us for more information.