An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution brings both efficiency and profitability to a business. It offers improved strategy around procedures, while refining operations through sophisticated, automated visibility and measurement.
The decision to invest and implement an ERP system is ultimately the first step toward taking a company into the modern ecosystem where an organization is able to create management productivity.
Once an ERP is in place, the C-Suite is able to quickly and accurately oversee: sales, human resources, warehouse and inventory, customer relationship management, purchase and finance, e-commerce, among others.
Top Reasons to Implement ERP Software
Efficiency comes from improving how resources are spent — this can range from an array of types such as time, financial, or employee related. The key to getting ahead is to save resources, while continuing to maintain the same level of quality and performance.
With an ERP in place, data is collected in one system, and the results are compiled into easy-to-digest reports and dashboards that can be viewed in real-time across the entirety of the company. When various departments are privy to the workings of the organization, leaders can make better decisions more quickly.
Ideally, leadership will be able to gain insights into how to improve resource allocation for those areas that are ripe for gain, and simultaneously highlight what areas are underperforming and are not positioned to play a role in the company’s growth model.
One go-to location rich with data can be a major game-changer when it comes to reallocating resources, and driving improved returns.
Learn more about the signs you need ERP software.
Benefits of ERP Software
It’s clear that connecting a business with an ERP system can improve the organization’s operations and also help drive growth. But let’s look more closely at the ways functional operations can be improved on a daily basis.
The perks that come with a modern-day cloud-based ERP are:
- Reduction of overhead costs
- Departmental synchronicity
- Automated processes
- Improved data analytics
- Better customer relationships
- Goal-focused customization
Today’s ERPs enable businesses to integrate existing equipment and business tools. They’re designed mobile-first and able to be accessed from every Internet-ready computer, tablet or smartphone. The convenience offers those working outside of the traditional office space the opportunity to stay connected and keep moving tasks and business forward.
Whether employees are logging in from the airport or their living rooms, they’re able to make timely decisions. Field workers are able to stay better connected to headquarters, while employees in different warehouse locations are able to call upon the same inventory and tracking information.
Learn more about the benefits of ERP software.
Key ERP Software Features
ERP software differs by provider; however, there are some offerings most companies will want to put into action. Here are some basics that are anything but basic.
- Accounting — Say goodbye to out-of-date paper-based processes. Now, purchase orders, expenses, sales reports, payroll, etc. can be housed in one easy-to-monitor solution. Learn about the top financial ERP features.
- Warehousing — With one system, all departments are able to see how much inventory is available, what is going out for delivery, and also what is in-coming from various vendors.
- Marketing — Knowing customers and what they’re looking for gives companies the chance to understand the market and ensure brand loyalty. Customer relationship management (CRM) software should integrate with an ERP, enabling marketers to reel prospects in and re-engage existing customers through email, social media, surveys, and phone calls.
- eCommerce — Brick-and-mortar is different from eCommerce and web-based storefronts. An ERP can help to drive online sales, as it helps businesses with those tactics that relate to customer behavior.
- Project management — Breaking down silos by offering one go-to location for communication helps teams to plan and execute projects. With everyone able to see the same benchmarks, objectives, and goals, it is easier to avoid delays and derailments that can prove timely and costly.
- Human resources — Employee retention is integral to any successful company. Having a one-stop platform that answers to employee needs helps to improve staff satisfaction.
Ready to Join the Cloud?
Acumatica makes it easy to implement a single solution that ties in every aspect of business. With a highly advanced system, customers are able to take advantage of the many beneficial aspects a cloud-based ERP system includes.
Flexible, powerful, and born in the cloud, Acumatica is a single solution that ties in every element of your business including consolidated financials, tracked orders and costs, workflow, document storage and customer relationship management, to name a few.
With a long running history of partnering in software excellence, we look forward to the opportunity to take clients into the future with cutting-edge software technology that delivers results. Contact us to learn more!