The newest version of the Acumatica Cloud ERP software, version 2021 R1, is set to be released next month. There is a lot of new functionality coming, with upgraded features and benefits across the platform and industry-specific modules. If you aren’t using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software yet, Acumatica 2021 R1 gives you one less excuse not to move forward. In particular, the new version is perfectly positioned to serve mid-market businesses looking to grow.
Acumatica has invested in making the user interface (UI) more flexible, responsive and seamlessly intuitive. Users will find easy accessibility and efficiency in their workflows. The platform will soon offer users the ability to work faster and smarter with new features like enhanced side panels to prioritize dashboard arrangements with preferred ordering capabilities. Users will also be able call up external URLs from general inquiries.
Other notable additions to the platform in 2021 R1 include:
- Cloud Customer Relationship Management (CRM)— It is now simple to target customers by communicating through Acumatica’s filtered graphics interface (GI). A mobile image recognition feature for business cards speeds up the intake of new leads into Acumatica CRM. New deduplication technology gives sales and marketing users a cleaner data set, which leads to improved sales and marketing productivity.
- Financials—2021 R1 facilitates the streamlining of financial operations with centralized vendor management. The system makes it easier to support sales, too, with simplified features for tracking sales orders and contracts.
- Construction—Acumatica companies that work in the construction field can take advantage of enhancements to the platform’s integration with Procore construction and project management software. Users can now assess themselves against industry peers using the Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) benchmark.
- Distribution and commerce companies—Cross-company sales of stock items get easier in 2021 R1. Users gain the ability to create corresponding sales and purchase orders. They can also engage in target marketing—expanding product offerings to make them attractive to selected audience segments with add-ons like enhanced drop-shipping workflows. More granular sync options for custom commerce fields give Line-of-Business (LOB) managers a higher degree of control over their operations. And, a better mode of data collection is set to cut down on collections through the tracking of order risk.
- Field service—Businesses that perform field service will get better at making accurate delivery commitments. 2021 R1 also simplifies cost tracking with a link between Accounts Payable bills and field service appointments. Field service representatives will be able to correct invoices in real time while in the field. This seemingly minor detail drives improvements in customer care and cuts down on the administrative load involved in supervising field service operations.
- AI and ML—Acumatica 2021 R1, like several of the previous updates, augments the platform’s feature set for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). For example, the dashboard now contains a visually intuitive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Meter. Users can establish dynamic goals and then track their progress. A visual state automation engine further enables users to leverage AI and ML to optimize application workflows.
To learn more about Acumatica 2021 R1, contact us for a demo and discussion.