It seems as if it was just a few short centuries ago that we were all at the Cosmopolitan resort in Las Vegas hearing about Acumatica Cloud ERP software’s 2020 R1 features. So much has changed since January, when we relaxed with a drink at the Chandelier Bar and thought about taking our chances on the Roulette wheel. We’re getting used to working from home and serving customers who are adapting to long term work-from-home conditions. Acumatica has been busy, too. As expected, they are now announcing 2020 R2.
At the launch event last week, Acumatica announced 2020 R2 which is the latest full-featured version of their award-winning cloud ERP product. The event occurred from the beautiful Museum of Flight in Seattle Washington which is the home to so many of the innovations that changed how the world flies today. Watch the launch event.
Here are some of the highlights of the new edition, which has new features related to usability, finance and the platform itself.
Acumatica is trumpeting the theme of “Work Smarter, Not Harder” in 2020 R2. For example, the new release enables you to save time and money by automatically creating accounts payable (AP) documents from vendors’ invoices. The system lets you see up to 500 recently viewed records on an instant basis. R2 also makes it easier to retrieve data with query join suggestions and previews. Address lookup and enrichment further enhance usability.
Financials Management and Industry Verticals
Acumatica is continuing to innovate in financial management, arguably the core of any ERP system. 2020 R2 enables cross-company sales opportunities, streamlines bank reconciliation and provides centralized account management. A new integration to Shopify, built using Acumatica’s new commerce engine, simplifies the process of connecting to leading eCommerce applications.
Acumatica has also added several vertical-specific features and productivity aids to its Industry Editions.
- eCommerce companies can simplify their buyers’ experiences through improved buyer notifications, tracking of shipment tracking and processing of refunds.
- Manufacturing and Distribution Companies are able to track production outputs and get to market more quickly with a new embedded third-party quality module. They can reduce bad debt and simplify collections by means of streamlined credit card processing. It is also possible to reduce overpayments using a new feature that validates vendor invoices against purchase orders.
- Field Service Companies gain the ability to set appointments that span entire days, while also recording travel and break time.
- Construction Companies can use pro forma workflow enhancements to maximize billing accuracy. Retainage allocation enhancements enable construction firms to ensure the accuracy of their contract caps.
Changes to the Acumatica Platform
Acumatica continues to augment its modular and adaptable platform. The solution provides a flexible architecture that allows for low-code or no-code customization. Increasingly sophisticated capabilities deliver data visualization, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI).
Acumatica 2020 R2 harnesses AI and ML for automatic creation of AP documents. An advanced workflow engine enables you to modify workflows visually. The addition of detailed security requirements for OData bolster security—an area of justifiably intense focus at this time. Other notable platform enhancements in R2 include:
- Unified notification workflows that leverage Acumatica’s powerful business events engine.
- Tracking of data changes in real-time with unified notifications that use business events.
- Easy response to standard dialog questions in Acumatica from mobile device with support for mobile dialog boxes.
These are just some of the many new features arriving with Acumatica 2020 R2. We are available to work with you in understanding how the new release can benefit your business. Contact us for an in-depth discussion of 2020 R2. Hopefully, we will be together back in Las Vegas for 2021 R1.
Additional Acumatica Cloud ERP Resources
Modern Technology for the Digital World: IDC Report Compares Top ERP Vendors
Preparing for Recovery: 10 Ways Cloud ERP Can Future-Proof Your Business
How Is ERP Different from Online Accounting Software Like QuickBooks?